How to replace a broken hard drive in a laptop and reinstall windows
In this video I show how to replace a broken hard drive, reinstall Windows 8.1 on a new/working drive, and then upgrade to Windows 10. Here’s a more specific rundown of the video:
1. How to remove a broken hard drive from a laptop
2. How to get and install a new/working hard drive
3. What a solid state drive (SSD) is and why you should get one
4. How to create a bootable USB drive using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool
5. How to use Magic Jelly Bean to find the product key of your installation of Windows
6. How to use Rufus to make a bootable USB drive if needed
7. How to go into the BIOS and change the boot order so the laptop will boot off the USB drive
8. How to install Windows 8.1 on the new hard drive
9. How to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 using the media creation tool for Windows 10.
10. Check out Avast for free virus protection that rocks.